Designed for high performance and medium duty applications, the SHP (Special High Performance) block is the ideal starting point for hot rodders, drag racers, circle track competitors, off-roaders, and high performance marine enthusiasts.
Don’t waste your valuable time sourcing, cleaning, machining and prepping a 40 year old core when you can have a brand new precision machined block with all the most desirable features for just a few dollars more.
• Priority main oiling system.
• Siamese cylinder bores with extra thick walls.
• Optional full water jacketed non-siamese cylinder bores.
• Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
• Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket.
• Scalloped water jacket walls improve flow around cylinders for better cooling.
• Clearance for 3.750” stroke with steel rods.
• Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps.
• Non-siamese water blocks have 2-bolt mains on all 5 locations.
• Uses + .300” tall stock 87-95 roller lifters.
• Provisions for OE stock roller lifters & cams.
• Uses 1981-1985 stock style oil pan & passenger side dipstick.
• Uses stock stamped steel or plastic timing cover.
• All OE bolt holes for starter, clutch ball, etc.
• Oil restrictors available throught aftermarket resources.
• Parts kit sold separately (PN 32000013)