The SHP Ford block is tailored to the most popular performance and racing applications, with an 8.200” (302), 9.200″ (351c) or 9.500” (351w) deck height and a choice of 4.000” or 4.125” siamesed cylinder bores which can safely be bored to 4.185”. Steel main caps are splayed 4-bolt on the center three and 2-bolt on #1 and #5, and utilize 1/2” bolts. The valley is machined to accept factory roller lifter guides and retainer (spider).
• Priority main oiling system directs oil to main bearings first for more dependable lubrication.
• No provision for oil restrictors.
• Available with an 8.200” (302), 9.200″ (351c) or 9.500” (351w).
• Provisions for OE stock roller lifters, dog bones & spider. • Siamese bores 4.000” or 4.125” (unfinished) with extra thick cylinder walls.
• Extended cylinder barrels for improved piston support.
• Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
• Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket.
• Steel 4-bolt main caps on #2, 3 and 4 with splayed outer bolts. 2-bolt main caps on #1 and 5.
• Can use most stock components and accessories.
• Scalloped water jackets increase coolant flow around cylinder barrels to prevent
detonation, extend engine life and produce consistent cylinder temperatures.
• Parts kit sold separately (PN 32000015)