The Race Series Aluminum block features cylinder bores which have been spread to 4.500” from the standard 4.400” center to center dimension. This allows larger bore diameters while maintaining adequate cylinder wall thickness and gasket sealing surface between bores.
• Premium alloy: Dart Aluminum blocks are cast from proprietary RMR cast Aluminum alloy for superior strength.
• 4.500” bore spacing allows bore sizes up to 4.250”.
• Standard 17 head bolt pattern or optional 19 bolt pattern available.
• Deck heights of 8.850”, 9.025”, 9.075” and tall deck 9.325” & 9.500” versions allow greater versatility for preferred rod ratio and angle.
• Raised camshaft .391” (4.912” camshaft-to-crankshaft centerlines) Option for .434” raised cam also available.
• Requires use of remote oil filter. No provision for block mounted filters.
• Relocated oil pan rails are spread .400” per side (.800” wider than stock) to increase crank/ rod clearance and reduce windage losses.
• Big block camshaft bearings allow the use of cams with larger base circle diameter to improve strength and reduce twisting with cam-driven pumps.
• Rear external oil inlets, with crossovers and restrictor provisions located centrally in the valley.
• Parts kit included (PN 32000012)