The camshaft is raised .400″ above the stock location to increase clearance for the connecting rods and crankshaft counterweights. The main oil gallery is located alongside the camshaft tunnel to eliminate interference with the crank assembly.
Advanced engineering makes Dart Aluminum big blocks the choice for serious competition.
• Premium alloy: Dart Aluminum blocks are cast from RMR Cast Aluminum alloy for superior strength and integrity.
• Standard 9.800” or 10.200” deck heights/options to 10.400”.
• Raised camshaft location +.400” clears stroker crankshafts.
• Ductile Iron sleeves with extra thick cylinder walls promote excellent ring seal.
• Reinforcing ribs strengthen the lifter valley and bell housing flange.
• Inboard valley head stud bosses improve head gasket sealing.
• Priority main oiling system delivers oil directly to the crankshaft bearings to enhance reliability at high engine speeds.
• With or without distributor provision.
• Steel 4-bolt main caps or Ductile Iron and optional Aluminum caps. Splayed outer bolts for extra strength.
• Dual bolt patterns for standard BBC and notched oil pans.
• HIP (Hot Isostatic Pressed) Casting.
• Parts kit included (PN 32000006)