SHP SBC Iron
Excellent upgrade or stock replacement block. Street performance, Sportsman racing.
Designed for high performance and medium duty applications, the SHP (Special High Performance) block is the ideal starting point for hot rodders, drag racers, circle track competitors, off-roaders, and high performance marine enthusiasts.
Don’t waste your valuable time sourcing, cleaning, machining and prepping a 40 year old core when you can have a brand new precision machined block with all the most desirable features for just a few dollars more.
• Priority main oiling system.
• Siamese cylinder bores with extra thick walls.
• Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
• Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket.
• Scalloped water jacket walls improve flow around cylinders for better cooling.
• Clearance for 3.750” stroke with steel rods.
• Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps.
• Uses + .300” tall stock 87-95 roller lifters.
• Provisions for OE stock roller lifters & cams.
• Uses 1981-1985 stock style oil pan & passenger side dipstick.
• Uses stock stamped steel or plastic timing cover.
• All OE bolt holes for starter, clutch ball, etc.
• Parts kit sold separately (PN 32000013 – see page 107).
31161111 – SHP Block 2-Piece Ductile 350 9.025 4.000
31161211 – SHP Block 2-Piece Ductile 350 9.025 4.125
31161111L – SHP Block 1-Piece* Ductile 350 9.025 4.000
31161211L – SHP Block 1-Piece* Ductile 350 9.025 4.125
31162111 – SHP Block 2-Piece Ductile 400 9.025 4.000
31162211 – SHP Block 2-Piece Ductile 400 9.025 4.125
* Adapter for 1 piece rear seal is included.