SBC SHP PRO Iron
Excellent upgrade or stock replacement block. Street performance, Sportsman racing.
Designed for high performance and medium duty applications, the SHP (Special High Performance) block is the ideal starting point for hot rodders, drag racers, circle track competitors, off-roaders, and high performance marine enthusiasts.
Don’t waste your valuable time sourcing, cleaning, machining and prepping a 40 year old core when you can have a brand new precision machined block with all the most desirable features for just a few dollars more.
• Priority main oiling system.
• Siamese cylinder bores with extra thick walls.
• Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
• Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket.
• Scalloped water jacket walls improve flow around cylinders for better cooling.
• Clearance for 3.750” stroke with steel rods.
• Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps.
• Uses + .300” tall stock 87-95 roller lifters.
• Provisions for OE stock roller lifters & cams.
• Uses 1981-1985 stock style oil pan & passenger side dipstick.
• Uses stock stamped steel or plastic timing cover.
• All OE bolt holes for starter, clutch ball, etc.
• Parts kit sold separately.
Part No. Description Rear Seal Caps Mains Deck Bore
31161112 SHP PRO 2-Piece Steel 350 9.025″ 4.000″
31161212 SHP PRO 2-Piece Steel 350 9.025″ 4.125″
31162112 SHP PRO 2-Piece Steel 400 9.025″ 4.000″
31162212 SHP PRO 2-Piece Steel 400 9.025″ 4.125″