LS NEXT Iron
Designed from a clean slate approach the LS Next Iron block has addressed the shortcomings of the LS platform and is the ideal candidate for hot rodders, drag racers, circle track competitors, off-roaders, and high performance marine enthusiasts.
By utilizing conventional style main caps and oil pans with LS rotating assemblies and related components, Dart has addressed the windage and oil control problems which result from the factory LS engine’s separated crankcase bays.
• Priority main oiling system.
• Siamesed cylinder bores with extra thick walls.
• Cylinder barrels extended .375” at the bottom.
• Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
• Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket.
• Scalloped water jackets increase flow around cylinders for better cooling.
• Clearance for 4.100” stroke w/ steel rods.
• Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps.
• LS or Gen I style motor mounts.
• Provisions for OE stock roller lifters and cam.
• Uses stock timing covers and stock rear cover.
• All OE bolt holes for starter, water pump, etc.
• Driver or passenger side starter mounts.
• Parts kit sold separately (PN: 32000016).
31837111 – LS Next Iron STD Steel STD 9.240” 4.000”
31837211 – LS Next Iron STD Steel STD 9.240” 4.125”
31837121 – LS Next Iron STD Steel STD 9.450” 4.000”
31837221 – LS Next Iron STD Steel STD 9.450” 4.125”